Events Info Group (referred to in this document as Events Info Group) endeavours to deal with personal information in accordance with Events Info Group Privacy Principles.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual.
Events Info Group is one of the largest Professional Conference Organizers across the globe , managing in excess of 3050 events per year. Events Info Group also manages the membership of numerous professional societies. In order to successfully carry out these activities Events Info Group collects and handles personal information on a regular basis.
Collection of personal information
Events Info Group collects personal information from members of its client organisations, employees, directors and committee members, suppliers, service providers and other people connected with its activities.
The types of personal information Events Info Group collects include:
- contact details (for example name, address, professional information, telephone
numbers and email)
- demographic information (for example, gender and date of birth)
- professional information (for example, qualifications and specialties)
- activity‐related information (participation in Events Info Group managed activities and events).
In conducting its activities Events Info Group may collect health and other sensitive information. For example, Events Info Group collects:
- medical history information from employees
- information about a members’ membership in other professional associations.
Events Info Group collects personal information directly from individuals through various channels, including:
- the Events Info Group website and online surveys
- delegate registration forms and other correspondence (including electronically)
- telephone calls
- face-to-face contact.
Purpose of Collection and Use
Events Info Group collects personal information as required to carry out one or more of its functions or
- to provide membership services and maintain membership records
- to provide continuing professional development, education and training
- to manage conferences and events
- to enable planning, policy and service development
- to market, advertise or to conduct or facilitate member surveys (such surveys will be communicated from Events Info Group on behalf of a third party in accordance with the Events Info Group Survey Policy)
- to recruit suitable staff within Events Info Group
- to communicate with directors about meetings and Events Info Group and client business
- to communicate with staff about work-related matters
- Information may also be used for secondary purposes as required or permitted by law.
Events Info Group only discloses personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a secondary purpose as required or permitted by law.
For example, Events Info Group may disclose personal information to third parties it engages to assist in performing its functions, most often related to the Annual Scientific Meeting. Where disclosure takes place, Events Info Group will include protective provisions regarding the handling of personal information in contracts with third parties.
When conducting a member survey on behalf of a third party, Events Info Group does not disclose personal information to that third party.
Storage and Security
Events Info Group stores personal information electronically and in hard copy, and has secure record keeping systems. Events Info Group takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure and alteration.
IT protection systems and internal procedures are also utilized to protect the personal information held by Events Info Group. Events Info Group may store electronic information on remote servers or in the cloud directly.
Events Info Group uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, which are the industry standard, for encrypting personal Events Info Group membership information collected via the Events Info Group website. Events Info Group does not store member credit or debit card information. Events Info Group uses a third party provider, which provides a secure online payment gateway solution for credit card and direct debit processing of Events Info Group membership payments.
Personal data is maintained under strict security and is only to be accessed internally by the Events Info Group staff who require access as part of their role or to complete a task.
Records containing personal information will be held by Events Info Group until there is no longer a need or obligation to retain such records, after which time they will be deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
A record of each visit to the Events Info Group website is logged – this is a small data file known as a cookie. A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers. Browser settings can be adjusted to disable cookies.
The following information from cookies is recorded to compile statistical information about the use of the Events Info Group website. It is not used for any other purpose.
- IP address and/or domain name
- Operating system (type of browser and platform)
- The date, time and length of visit to the Events Info Group or Conference website
- Pages and resources accessed, as well as documents downloaded
Access and Correction
Events Info Group takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of personal information it holds. Individuals are encouraged to contact Events Info Group if the personal information held is incorrect or to notify Events Info Group if personal information has changed.
Payment Process Flow
We have the pricing structure mentioned in https://eventsinfogroup.com/pricing However, it is been habitual our clients calling us and asking for a discount. We would understand the client requirement and offer the best price and a link is shared to the client where in the client keys in the discounted cost and also enters the name of the event they attending/visiting/exhibiting and post keying in these information the page gets redirected to CC Avenue page and the clients enters the credit/debit card information and the payment is completed.
Complaints and concerns
Any concerns about Events Info Group’s handling of personal information should be directed to the Events Info Group Executive Director by telephone +1-214-723-5555 or email email@example.com Events Info Group may require complaints to be submitted in writing. After Events Info Group receives all the relevant information, it will endeavour to resolve the complaint as soon as reasonably practical.
If an individual is not satisfied with how Events Info Group has handled their complaint, they may wish to contact the USIC.